Thursday, June 9, 2011

Steal, rob, mug...?

For today's lesson we will talk about the difference between steal/rob/mug.

STEAL

This is used for THINGS and is done in secret. It happens when no one is looking. So you go out and you come back and something is gone~!

Someone stole my sandwich from the fridge...

A: Hey, where's my TV???

B: WHAT!?!?! It was STOLEN~!

ROB

This is used for PEOPLE and PLACES. It is noticeable.

A: Where's he stereo? The DVD player???

B: Oh no~! We've been ROBBED~!!

The bank was robbed yesterday and 2 million dollars was stolen.

MUG

This is used when someone forces you to give them your valuables on the street. Usually, with a gun or knife...

(man pulls out a knife)

C: Give me your wallet and watch~!

D: What the hell?!?!

C: Quick~! Or I'll stab you!

D: Here you go.

(the mugger runs away)

D: Help! I've been mugged~!!!


Does anyone have any questions? Have a good weekend,

Phil

No comments: