Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How was it? How is it?

Ok so for today's lesson we will look at two useful sentences:

How is it?

pronounced

How izzit?

This question is used to ask about current events, most often when trying food.

For example:

A: Here, try my cake. I baked it this morning

B: Ok, sure. It looks great. (takes a bite)

A: How is it?

B: Wow~! It's delicious! Can I have the recipe?

How was it?

pronounced

How wazzit?

This is a much more useful phrase. We use it all the time to talk about past experiences.

Bob: I went to Australia.

Dan: Really? How was it?

Bob: The weather was great and the people were really friendly.

----------

Tracy: I saw the movie Thor last week.

Fred: How was it?

Tracy: It was good but I was expecting more. X-Men: First Class was better.

----------

Hank: I finally tried that new sushi place.

Mel: I've been dying to try it! How was it?

Hank: It was pretty good but a bit expensive.

Mel: Is it worth checking out?

Hank: Yeah, I think so.

Ok that's enough for today, if you have any questions leave me a comment!

Phil

No comments: