Saturday, February 16, 2013

TH sound practice 2

Ok so for a quick Saturday night lesson I thought I'd give you guys a sentence I like my students to use to practice saying the TH sound correctly. You can see a previous post on this topic here.

The TH sound is made by placing your tongue between your front teeth and pulling it back. Here is a nice graphic:


I got this image from englishsecret.com's page on the TH sound which also has a video. You can visit it here.

The sentence I like is:

Think things through thoroughly.

The first part "Think things through" is from the idiom "think something through" which means to think about your plan and work through it in your mind to see the possible results/outcomes. It basically means to consider something carefully before making a decision.

By adding thoroughly, I am making the sentence stronger. Thoroughly means completely or carefully.

Have a great night,

Phil

No comments: