Wednesday, May 18, 2011

To? too? Two?

Hi Everyone, here's a quick lesson about the differences between these three linking words.

to

This indicates movement and direction. A --------> B

From Osaka to Tokyo.

This gift is from Jack to Jill.

This letter is addressed to Paul.

It can also indicate purpose, WHY you are doing something.

I exercise to stay in shape.

She's on a diet to lose weight.

too

This means ALSO.

He got a new car too.

I want ice cream too!

A: I like traveling.

B: Really? Me too!

two

This one is easy it is the number 2.

C: I bought two chocolates, one is for you.

D: Wow, thanks~!

It's two o'clock.

I live in room two-O-one (201).

These are difficult even for many native speakers so when writing in English please be careful not to get them mixed up~!

I go to Tokyo two times a year to see my friends and go shopping too.

So here we see direction, number, purpose and also all in one sentence~!

Have a nice Wednesday,

Phil

No comments: