Sunday, July 1, 2012

Do you have a sensitive stomach?

Hey everyone, do you understand what that question means? 


A sensitive stomach is when someone easily gets stomachaches, upset stomach or has digestion problems.


Sally: When I travel, I have to be really careful about what I eat.

Fred: Really? Why?

Sally: I have a sensitive stomach. If I eat strange food or if it isn't cooked well I easily get indigestion.

Fred: That's too bad~! I have a cast-iron stomach. I can eat anything and I never get sick. I spent 3 months in India eating food from street vendors and never had a problem!

Sally: WOW! You really do have a cast-iron stomach! I'm jealous...


A cast-iron stomach is the opposite of a sensitive stomach. It means your stomach is REALLY tough like cast-iron (鋳鉄 - ちゅうてつ) and you can eat anything without any problems.


How about you guys? What kind of stomach do you have?


Phil

No comments: