Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm dead tired...

Hey guys, I am now back in my hometown after a grueling trip that took over a day! Grueling means physically or mentally demanding to the point of exhaustion. The trip was fine and I even got upgraded to business class but traveling internationally these days is such a hassle with all the lines (security, immigration customs), paperwork and flight delays.

Anyways, right now I am feeling jet lagged (jisa boke in Japanese) and exhausted from my trip but happy to be back. So, today we will look at the casual English expression:

to be dead tired


It simply means that you are super tired, you are exhausted, you don't have any energy left to do anything.

Tracy: Sam ya wanna go out dancing?

Sam: Nah, I'm dead tired. I was helping out at my Uncle's farm all day.

Tracy: Wow, sounds exhausting. How about we go to a day spa and relax?

Sam: That sounds nice, but... how about tomorrow? I think if I go today, I'll fall asleep in the hot tub!

Tracy: OK, get some rest and see you tomorrow!

Any questions?

Phil


No comments: