Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Men's fashion in Japan... mullets???

Just wanted to say one quick thing, suddenly in Japan I am seeing a lot of freakin' ugly mullets on young Japanese guys. Seriously, this started just last weekend. I saw two guys(one a 12 year old boy~!) with mullets in one day!!! I have been in Japan for several years now and NEVER saw ANYONE with a mullet until recently. I thought it might be a fluke but then today, I saw a guy in my building with a mullet too. He had long hair in the back(plus some white extensions!?!?!?!) and really short hair on the sides with some patterns shaved into his head.

What the hell is going on??? How did this trailer trash fashion get to Japan? And why on Earth would anyone want to look like such an idiot?

For those of you who don't know, a mullet is a men's hairstyle where the hair on top and on the sides is quite short but it is kind of long in the back. In North America, it is associated with low class(i.e. poor) people who often live in trailer parks...

check out wikipedia for more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullet_(haircut)

No comments: