Sunday, December 13, 2009

I have a real sweet tooth ^_-

Hey everyone, today we will have a quick lesson of a noun that I think is fun and interesting to know. I wrote it down on a scrap of paper a long time ago and came across it now so decided it was time to write about it~!

a sweet tooth (n)

Now we use this noun in the same way as "I have a book" or "I have a bad back" so it's used with the verb to have + a sweet tooth. This means that you REALLY love sweets. It means that you often eat sweet foods and that you psychologically feel an urge to eat sweets as often as you can. In Japanese, you might use:

甘いもの好き (あまいものずき)

Since it is the Christmas season, many people are eating sweet foods like pies, cakes and pastries so you might hear someone say:

"I have a real sweet tooth."

or when shopping you might ask:

"What gift do you recommend for someone with a sweet tooth?"

Have a good week,

Phil

No comments: