Wednesday, September 21, 2011

R/L sound... and B/V...

Hey everyone, I am not sure if I mentioned this app before but it's lots of fun! I often have my kids play it to check their listening skills for the difference between R and L. Most of them get about 50% correct... so I guess they need more practice! How about you?

It's called the English Ear game and it is FREE. Check it out here:

English Ear Game R/L

Here is a sentence you can use to practice your pronunciation, using 3 English words that sound very similar: boiling (BOY-Ling), boring (bow-RING) and bowling (bow-LING).

It was boiling at the boring basketball game so the boy went bowling.

Apparently, they have also made an English Ear 2 which is so you can practice your listening for the B/V sound. You can find it here:

English Ear Game 2 B/V

And I'll give you a sentence so you can practice it too ^_^

Betty & Veronica like the very berry butterscotch banana Sundae very much.

Have a nice Tuesday!

Phil

No comments: