Monday, June 11, 2012

It's on me.

Today we will look at the expressions my treat and it's on me. These have the same meaning, I will pay. I briefly talked about treat in an earlier lesson

When people go out for drinks they often buy rounds. This means that each person takes a turn paying for a round of drinks (everyone's drink).

Ted: Whose round is it?

Bill: I think it's Tom's.

Tom: Ok, the next round's on me but then it's Bill's turn! You always try to leave before buying your round!

Bill: Ok, I promise to get the next round.

 People often offer to pay so that someone will accept an invitation.


John: Hey Jill, wanna go to the car show on Saturday?

Jill: Car show? That's not really my thing...

John: C'mon it'll be fun! My treat.
C'mon = come on

Jill: Your treat? Sure, it could be fun.




Any questions? Have a good week!


Phil


  


No comments: