Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm in a bind.

Do you guys know what this expression mean?

It means I am between a rock and a hard place, I am in a tough situation.

A: Hey man, what's wrong?

B: Can you help me out? I'm in a real bind.

A: What happened?

B: I forgot my wallet at home~!

A: That sucks, don't worry though. I can cover you tonight. You can pay for me next week.

B: Sure, that sounds great. Thanks alot.

To cover someone means to pay their share.

A cuter way of saying I'm in a bind is I'm in a pickle!  When you use this expression it sounds cuter and softer.

Sam: OK Don, why did you call me...?

Don: Sam, I need you to give me a hand!

Sam: Looks like you got yourself into a bit of a pickle.

Don: Yeah, I locked myself out and was trying to squeeze through the window.

Sam: Are you crazy? That window's tiny!

Don: Just push me through.

----PUSH----

Sam: There you're inside! Next time call a locksmith...

Do you know what a locksmith is? It's someone who builds, sells, installs and fixes locks.

Have a nice week!

Phil

 


No comments: