Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm feeling a bit below par...

So cold & flu season is here and many people are feeling a bit sick. So I decided to  present a few useful expressions!

below par


This means that you are not feeling as good as usual or normal. We use it when we feel a little tired or sick.

Glen: Hey Jerry, how's it going?

Jerry: I'm feeling a bit below par.

Glen: Oh Really? Why's that?

Jerry: I think I've been working too much...

Glen: That's too bad.

under the weather

Here's a similar expression we also use when we feel a little sick.  

Helen: How's your husband doing these days?

Jen: He's been feeling under the weather lately, he caught a cold.

Helen: That's too bad. Tell him I hope he feels better soon.

I hope everyone got their flu shots, remember to wash your hands and take care of yourselves!

Phil

No comments: