Friday, August 9, 2013

Let's grab a bite!

Way back in 2010 I did a two part series on the word bite. During this summer vacation you can revisit that lesson here.

The most useful expression is:

to grab a bite

Bite means ひとくちin Japanese. Kids often say:

Wow, that looks good! Gimme a bite!

which in Japanese would be:

ううわー美味しそう!一口ちょうだい

When someone uses grab a bite they are talking about having a quick light meal.

Wanna grab a bite together sometime?

This is a casual invitation to a date.

I'm hungry, let's grab a bite somewhere.

This means let's take a break and eat something.

Another interesting use of bite is an idiom you can use when you are full.

Man, I'm stuffed. I couldn't eat another bite.

or

I'm so full if I eat another bite I'll explode!

Have a nice weekend,

Phil


No comments: