Monday, June 1, 2009

He's a sore loser...

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a nice weekend. Yesterday, I taught a class of little kids about 5 years old and one of them was a sore loser... Do you know what this means? Don't worry~! I'm going to explain it to everyone today ^_-

A sore loser is someone who acts really badly when he/she loses a game. For example:

-Your baseball team loses and you refuse to shake the winning team members hands.

-You lose a game and quickly say:

"You cheated~! I want a rematch!"
"That was just to practice the next game counts~!"
"I'm not feeling good today, that's why you won."

-A child loses a game and starts to cry, scream or whine.

Whining is a high pitched noise of complaint or unhappiness, think of a dog that wants to go outside or is sad.

So as you can see a sore loser is someone who is REALLY unhappy when they lose and doesn't try to hide it. These are people you don't want to play games with because if they lose, they get upset.

The opposite of a sore loser is a good sport. This is someone who loses with dignity, they accept their defeat graciously.

So here are a few example sentences:

Don't be such a sore loser~!

He's a good sport, we're still friends even though I got the promotion he wanted.

I'm worried my son is becoming a sore loser, he always screams and whines when his soccer team loses.

Have a nice day,

Phil

No comments: