Monday, October 4, 2010

Anywhere vs. everywhere

OK, the first lesson of the month is a quick grammar lesson explaining the difference between anywhere and everywhere. Anywhere means any place even one(or in a negative sentence-NOT even one place), everywhere means all places(usually it's an exaggeration). So, they have a similar meaning but their USAGE is very different.

Anywhere is used in negative sentences and questions.

A: Did you go anywhere?

B: Nah, I didn't go anywhere. I just stayed home.

I've never been anywhere in Shikoku.

Everywhere is used in positive sentences.

I've been everywhere in Kyoto! There are no more new places for me to visit.

Where's my jacket? I've looked everywhere!

Hope you enjoyed this quick lesson have a nice week,

Phil

2 comments:

Aashutosha Kumar Shibu said...

Good to teach this ..
Even make it easier by adding formula for it.

Unknown said...

Gold