Thursday, October 20, 2011

Stop Procrastinating!

I briefly talked about the verb to procrastinate back in June, 2010. It means to delay, to put something off. Whenever you say "I'll do it tomorrow" you are procrastinating!

A more casual way to say it is the idiom:

to drag your feet

When you don't want to do something you drag your feet. Think about when parents bring their kids to the dentist and they don't want to go... the Mom literally has to drag her kids feet~!

Stop
dragging your feet! You shouldn't procrastinate so much.

Personally, I like to get things over with. This means when you have something you DON'T want to do it is better to do it right away. That way you can focus on something else.

Let's get this meeting over with, I have to get to the airport.

Another report to write?!?! I'll get it over with this weekend...

Any questions? Have a nice weekend!

Phil

No comments: