Thursday, March 8, 2012

Oh no! I blew it!

To blow it

This means I missed or ruined my chance. When there is something you really want to do or get you often only get one chance. In those situations, it is important not to make a mistake and blow it!

A: How did your date with Sally go? You've wanted to go out with her for years.

B: I'm pretty sure I blew it! I was so nervous the date was a disaster!

A: Really? I'm sure your exaggerating. If you ask her out, I bet she'll give you another chance.

B: I don't think so, she said she never wanted to see me again...

A: What did you do to make her so angry?

B: Well, at the bar I tripped and spilled red wine on her white dress.

A: Ouch! Sally loves her clothes, you're right you totally blew it!

It is often used when giving a warning, especially in sports or business. Before a big game or presentation your team mates/co-workers will tell you:

Don't blow it!

Phil

No comments: