Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tom's such a chicken!

Do you know what it means when someone calls you a chicken?

It means you are a coward, you get scared easily. If you saw the movie Back to the Future you will remember that Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox's character) HATED being called a chicken!


Bill: Let's go bungee jumping!

Tom: What?! No way!

Bill: Are you chicken Tom?

Tom: No, it's just I heard it's expensive...

Bill: Pock pock pock paowk (chicken noises)

Tom: Ok, I'll go bungee jumping.

-----------at the bungee jumping site------------

Tom jumps: ahahhah haha haha This is fun~!

Bill: ...I ...I can't! It's too high.

Tom: What? You make me jump and now you're chickening out???

Bill: Yeah, sorry. I guess I'm a chicken. I'm scared of heights.

Tom: Unbelievable!

As you can see, chicken can be used as a phrasal verb (to chicken out), an adjective (he's chicken) or a noun (I'm not a chicken!).

Any questions?

Phil

No comments: