Thursday, March 26, 2009

Internet English Part 2

Ok, so today we will be talking about some longer expressions used online(meaning on the internet) most often while people are chatting with friends via msn or yahoo messenger or in a chatroom.


A/S/L? = What's your Age/Sex/Location?

T2UL8r = Talk to you later
DYCHO? = Do You Come Here Often?


CU2nite @ 8 @ UR place? = See you tonight at 8 at your place?

ImLOkn4AFrndDoUWan2BMyFrnd = I'm looking for a friend. Do you want to be my friend?

IRLEWan2CU2nite = I really want to see you tonight

LtsSpndTNite2gtha = Let's spend the night together

IWanUINEdUILuvU = I want you, I need you, I love you

URMyCndrLa&ImYaPrnc = You are my Cinderella and I am your prince

So as you can see most of these sentences are pick up lines~! People are using the internet to try and find girlfriends or boyfriends and using this kind of shorthand English to do it. IMHO (In My Honest Opinion) I don't think these lines will really work...

The next lesson will be Part 3 in my Internet English series, I hope you find it interesting.

Have a good weekend,

Phil

No comments: