Friday, April 3, 2009

Internet English Part 3

Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a nice April so far. I have been enjoying the cherry blossoms in Kyoto ^_^ Today's lesson is a little easier than earlier ones, I will just go over some useful verbs and expressions when people talk about the internet.

online: anything on the internet

I like shopping online.

offline: the opposite of online, anything off the internet

My life offline is kind of boring, I prefer Second Life.

Second Life: a free virtual world you can join and explore

work on the computer: this is when you are doing school or office work

I hate working on the computer it hurts my eyes~!

updating my webpage: this is putting new information on your mixi or facebook page or on your own private webpage

I'm busy tonight, I'm updating my webpage.

writing/posting on my blog=blogging: this is what I am doing now ^_-

I'm posting a new entry on my blog.

Since I've started blogging I've made many new friends.

posting photos online: this is when you put your photos online so friends can see them

Isn't posting your photos online, great? It's so convenient!

checking emails: this is logging into your email account to see if you have any important or new messages, it can also including, reading emails and writing emails

I check my emails once a week.

surf the net: this is when you just look online for fun, for new information

I surfed the net for 3 hours this morning.

Ok, that is it for this series. I hope you enjoyed it~!

Phil

No comments: