Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm really into it~!

Hey everyone to start off the month of September I will have a quick lesson of a popular expression in casual English:

"be into"

This is a casual way of saying "be interested in". For example:

I am really interested in photography.

becomes

I'm really into photography.

I am interested in thai massage.

becomes

I'm into thai massage.

You can also use "be into" to talk about liking someone romantically or being physically attracted to someone.

That girl over there is totally into you, she's been looking at you for 5 minutes~!

Joe is really into you, he's always spending time with you.

There is also a famous book that was made into a movie recently called "He's just not that into you" meaning he just doesn't like you so much, he's just not so interested in you... the Japanese name of the book and movie is そんな彼なら捨てちゃえば?

Ok that is it for now, have a nice day,

Phil



No comments: