Saturday, September 19, 2009

Opposites

Ok everyone, today is the second part in my new series about opposites. This week I will talk about simple adjective pairs.

big おおきい <------> small ちいさい

I wanna buy a big house.

I'd like to order a small pizza.

fast はやい <-------> slow おそい

You're too slow~! Hurry up!!!

I love fast cars and fast women ^_-

strong つよい <--------> weak よわい

My friend is really strong.

You shouldn't ask Tim to help you move, he's pretty weak.

tiny ちっちゃい <-------> huge でかい

Tiny means very very small.

Man you live in a tiny apartment~!

Huge means very very big.

Oh my god, this hamburger's HUGE!!!

soft やわらかい <------> hard かたい

This bread is so soft and delicious.

Ouch! This bread is stale, it's too hard to eat!

Hmmm, I guess that is all for now. I hope you enjoyed this mini-lesson and I will introduce more opposites next month!

Phil

No comments: