Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I think I'm gonna brown bag it today

Hey everyone, do you know what the above sentence means? If not, you soon will~! The subject of today's lesson is to brown bag it. In Japan, people sometimes bring a homemade lunch in a lunchbox(or bento) to work. But in North America, people(usually kids) bring lunch from home in a plain brown paper bag. This is where the expression to brown bag it comes from!

Man, since the recession started I've had to brown bag it to save money. I miss going out for lunch...

A: Hey Jim, wanna go out with us for lunch?

B: No, that's ok. I'm brown bagging it today.

C: Where do you eat lunch?

D: Oh, I usually brown bag it. (meaning bring lunch from home)

Ok that's all for today, I'm keeping it sweet and simple. Stay tuned for the next lesson~!

Phil

No comments: