Sunday, September 30, 2012

Brace yourself~!

Hey everyone, my friend used this in an email to me last weekend and it made me smile. I hadn't heard it in a long time! He wrote:  

"We're on our way. Brace yourselves."


Do you understand what he meant? A brace is something that holds two pieces together or a part of a building that helps to keep walls or roofs standing. Brace yourself is a sailing term. It is used when a big wave or storm is coming. It means get ready for something big! Hold on tight so you don't fall off the boat!

So my friend was saying get ready for us!

You can use this whenever something big is about to happen. You are warning the people you are with to get ready and hold on tight.

A: We're gonna crash!
B: Aaaah... brace yourself!
$%%#%CRASH%$^&

Dan: Brace yourself, I have big news!
Ben: What's happening?
Dan: I quit my job!
Ben: REALLY? Why?
Dan: I'm starting my own business.
Ben: Good luck.

Let's all have an exciting October~!

Phil

No comments: