Saturday, September 8, 2012

Have you had enough?

OK, I posted about this topic way back in 2009! you can see the original entry here. Today, I will keep it very simple.

When using the word enough it comes BEFORE nouns but AFTER adjectives.


I was glad I brought enough money shopping. I almost ran out (of money).

I didn't eat enough food this morning.

She is pretty enough but kind of boring to talk to.

I am not tall enough so the coach said I can't be on the basketball team.

I can't get enough of this delicious steak! It's addictive!

A: Have you had enough pizza? Would you like some more?

B: No thanks, I'm fine.

Enough means that you are satisfied and don't need anymore. Of course in NEGATIVE sentences it means you aren't satisfied and want more~! To run out of something means to have none left.

Have a nice weekend,

Phil




No comments: