Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ummm... I'm stumped.

Hey everybody, have you heard this expression before?

According to thefreedictionary.com it means "to be at a loss, to baffle". It basically means that you don't know the answer to something, you are puzzled or confused...

It's either used as an adjective:

stumped


Tom's stumped. He has no idea what the answer is~!

or as a verb:

to stump someone

I learned a new riddle and hopefully I'm gonna stump the teacher!

OK, you stumped me. What's the answer?

You will often hear people use this when they are giving up figuring out a problem on their own and want some help.

Ally: I'm stumped.

Bill: Oh, what's wrong?

Ally: I can't figure out the problem with our new program.

Bill: Let me take a look. Together, I think we can figure it out.

Ally: Thanks Bill.

Have nice night,

Phil


No comments: