Sunday, July 25, 2010

forgetful vs. forgettable

Hey everyone, I hope you had a good weekend but now it's time for us all to get back to work before our summer vacation arrives~!

Today, I will be talking about the difference between:

forgetful

and

forgettable

Have you heard these words before?

Forgetful means you forget things easily, it is usually used to describe a person. In Japanese you would say: 忘れん坊 (わすれんぼう)

My father is getting old, he's been quite forgetful recently.

Forgettable means that something is easy to forget.

Movie characters' names are really forgettable. I never remember them~!

That TV show is easily forgettable, there's nothing special about it.

Actually, forgettable isn't used very often but its opposite is! The opposite word is:

unforgettable

which means it is impossible to forget!

My day yesterday was unforgettable, it was amazing!

There's even a song called Unforgettable, here's a clip from youtube:





Have a good week,

Phil

No comments: